Simple Life

30 August 2005

The Real Culprit

I have taken a hiatus for more than a month. Just yesterday, I shared with Lao Gong that I have not made any new blog entry since July 15th and he was unsympathetic.

He put me down coolly, “Aiya, I kind of expected it.”

“Umphh!!!! Why did I stop in the first place? You are the culprit. And you dare to laugh at me! Ungrateful fellow!” I refused to let him make the closing statement.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It all happened on July 15th, an early Friday morning. Lao Gong was on MC since Thursday due to high fever and he still shown no sign of improvement. Suddenly he dashed out from the bathroom.

“Could it be chickenpox?” Lao Gong asked.

“Oh! Chickenpox? You never caught it before when you are young?” I take a closer look at him, scanned his body for more evidence of pimple-like pores.

Our fear is confirmed. Apologetically, I added, “It should be. Why didn’t I think of that? Stupid me. Oops! Yesterday the ‘pimple’ on your chest which I helped you squeezed is not a pimple after all. I’m sorry.” I realized I made a mistake. Even though yesterday I doubt that pimples would grow beyond one’s face, I dismissed my suspicion and concluded that it is just a harmless pimple – inviting to squeeze and burst.

Lao Gong flipped his singlet up, stared and pointed at the fresh disfigurement I inflicted just yesterday. Despite being unwell, he smiled and caught me off guard with this statement, “You scarred me for life.”

I smiled back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home