Simple Life

12 July 2005

The other person – 阿嬷(Ah Ma)

This blog is set up with the intention of sharing my experience of living and caring for an elderly, in my case, my grandmother, otherwise known as granny, or ah ma (as it was called in Hokkien- 阿嬷 – a Chinese dialect).
The other intention is to translate our interactions into something more tangible, with words and pictures so that I can remember her always with the passage of time. And maybe my children and grandchildren will have a better understanding of how it was lived.

Have not mentioned her as yet as I’m afraid I have just too much to share.

Let me start with a fact file. Easy – no emotions involved.

Name: Ah Ma
Age: 75
Race: Chinese
Dialect Group: Hokkien
Height: Shorter than Xiaofen
Weight: Heavier than Xiaofen

Realised halfway that Lao Gong is always involved in my everything so changed this blog heading from EVERYDAY With 阿嬷(Granny) to EVERYDAY With 阿嬷(Granny) & 老公(Hubby).

It is not easy living with your spouse; different habits, different ways of squeezing toothpaste tube, different views on everything trivial to major… With Ah Ma into the picture, things will naturally get more complicated.

Everyday with both 阿嬷(Granny) & 老公(Hubby) is indeed interesting. I am challenged daily.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home