Simple Life

23 September 2005

Call Me Stupid

He would not give up.

One evening, Lao Gong smsed me, “Everybody is looking for Xiaofen.”

I called him almost instanteously. “Where are you?”

"Driving. On the way home to my FAT wifey!”

"Fat wifey” is one of the many horrible names he has come up with, for me. I should adore him for his creativity and wits, but not at my expense, right? To him, I am otherwise known as, “Turnip, 海豚(i.e. dolphin), witty whiffy wifey, 巨人婆(i.e. giant wife), 大米(i.e. big grain)…” And the list is inexhaustive.

To get back on track, “Anyway, just who is looking for me? Everybody? I’m not that famous. I don’t believe you.”

"Everybody who peeped into our car and find me driving alone. Everybody is trying to catch a glimpse of you.”

Okay, he won again. He is obviously still rattling about our car plate. Why have I let my guard down again?

Label him persistent.



Better still, call me stupid.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home