Simple Life

30 September 2005

Double Whammy

I am just too lazy, just too slow.

And I should not place my faith blindly in the Chinese saying that goes,”君子报仇,十年不晚.” The saying means - it is never too late for a gentleman to exact revenge.

Before I can react with regards to the socks incident, Lao Gong strike again.

On another day, in the morning hours, however this time he struck at a different place.

I was caught unaware.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

You must be wondering how I can be so deep in sleep. Am I asleep or am I dead? How can I not know that somebody wore socks on me?

I have to concede I am a really deep sleeper.

Ok, I shall recount two incidents to prove my guilt.


Incident 1

About 10 years ago, I was staying over at my aunt’s place. It was very late into the night. My cousin, Bee Ger was running a high fever, and my aunt was very worried. My aunt decided to bring Bee Ger to the doctor there & then.

She tried to call her hubby to bring them to the doctor but apparently he continued sleeping. So she came to the room I was in and wanted me to accompany them. However after numerous attempts to wake me, I did not budge a single bit.

With all the commotion going on, it was only much later that I finally awoke as I heard sound coming from the entrance of her house. Only then did I realise all the actions I had missed. My aunt and her hubby were at their doorway, preparing to make their way to the doctor with the whole family, including their maid. Everybody was awake except me.

My only consolation is that even earthquakes can’t bring me down next time. If I happen to be asleep then, of course.



Incident 2

Actually this happens on a daily basis.
Lao Gong and I have a sleeping arrangement.

Before we enter slumber land, Lao Gong must ensure he sleeps on the side of the bed besides the dressing table - where the alarm clocks are.

It seems senseless that he insists that he must sleep on the left as our alarm clocks are on the left. He has valid reasons.

On several occasions, I slept on the left. And guess what! In the morning when the alarm sounds, Lao Gong has to climb over me from the right and reaches for the alarm clocks to silence them off. I don’t even hear them ringing. Poor Lao Gong, it is indeed a drag to wake up in such circumstances.
.
But frankly speaking, to me, it does not matter where I sleep as he is the one who turns the alarm off, not me. I am not awaken, not affected.Haha!

Sometimes I will still insist to sleep on the left despite knowing his grounds, simply because I liked it. Lao Gong reacted by shifting the alarm clocks before turning in. He will place them right beside his pillow and reminded me frankly that this arrangement is more effortless for him. He did not forget to add that if he is to wait for me to turn off the alarm, by that time, all our neighbours would have been disturbed.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

The above incidents are conclusive about this hard fact that I am through and through a deep sleeper.

So what did Lao Gong do this time round?

I woke up that morning to find a surprise in my hand.



Chey! What a scare! It is my favorite Care-bear! Count myself lucky that it is not ice-cream.

Hmm, I must hatch a much bigger plot to address all my grievances all these while.

5 Comments:

  • I remember Care-bears alright, but I have forgotten what powers this particular Care-bear has.

    Now I have one question, which I hope would not be offensive, how would you know when to wake up on time if alarm clock doesn't work on you?

    By Blogger oceanskies79, at 11:59 pm  

  • The details I can't recall. I only remember, "Carebears! Shine!" And all carebears will put their hands on their hips, all standing in a circle formation and later all will beamed their stomach power into the centre of the circle... And something miraculous will occur.

    When I was still living with my parents, my mum was the one who had the arduous task to wake & drag me up everytime. And sometimes I am unreasonable enough to blame her when she gives up on waking me. Just so reliant.

    Now it is Lao Gong who had to wake me up after he woke up. Nowadays I have the comfort of sleeping till I wake naturally. :) Sometimes I will set my handphone alarm clock as the third alarm in case the two other alarm clocks fail to wake me.

    Can't believe I shared all these dirty linen here. So ashamed when I recounted all these above. :(

    By Blogger 小芬, at 11:09 pm  

  • aiyo...hahaha...ya lor u sleep like pig..maybe worse than that..still remeber u stay at our house arh..aiyo, u alwats wake uo the latest..we all tot u died...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:16 pm  

  • * remember

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:17 pm  

  • Birthday greetings. Hope this find you well.

    By Blogger oceanskies79, at 8:27 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home